All online students are invited to Participate for free in our upcoming hands-on workshop.
Cob fence workshop March 21-22nd Wollongong
Learn to build with one of the oldest, most sustainable and abundant materials on the planet. Cob is a mixture of clay based soil, sand, straw and water which some of the oldest buildings on earth are made from. In this workshop we will be constructing a cob fence for the entrance of silk farm. Over the two days the skills you will learn are:
- how to assess soils for suitability for earth building
- Create a foundation for a cob wall
- Different methods of mixing cob
- How to place cob to build a wall mass
- How to detail a wall with bottles, scultpures and holes for windows
The workshop will be Facilitated by Kyle Taylor, a keen earth builder and permaculturist who has spent the last 8 years building a varied skill set in all things related to sustainability and happy, simple living with minimal impact on the earth.
We recommend you bring:
- Work boots or gum boots
- A hat
- A water bottle